Tuesday, March 6, 2012

10 Things I LOVE about my iPad!!



There are so many things to like about using an iPad but I have narrowed down a list of my top 10 things that I like about my Ipad here:
1. Fast on, Fast off – no long waits to get logged in.

2. Small and portable – we keep ours in the living room and it is always getting passes around to look up info.

3. Words With Friends!!!  My name is Jeanvt if you want to play!  If you like scrabble, you will like WWF!

4. Dual cameras make for easy picture taking.  I am currently trying to take a picture a day to collect a year in photos and it is so easy to just grab the iPad and snap a shot when the inspiration hits me!

5.  Love listening to podcasts or Hayhouse Radio – they have an app to listen in to some great shows.

6. Great for looking up recipes and using in the kitchen.  Hint,  if you are going to be cooking messy stuff, stick your IPad in a large ziplock bag to prevent it from getting all gunked up.


7. Flipboard is a really beautiful app that gives you news and articles of interest.  It is fun to ready and there are many great ideas to be found !    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flipboard/id358801284?mt=8

8.  Ted talks – the app is free and gives you access to some amazing thoughtful discussions about  “Ideas worth spreading”  All the talks are 20 minutes or less.  A few of my favorite talks are given by:
 Brene Brown, The Power of Vulnerability,
Shawn Achor,  The Happy Secret to Better Work
Elizabeth Gilbert, Nurturing Creativity

9.  ABC app –  this app for the TV station lets me snuggle in bed occasionally and catch up with Grey’s Anatomy~  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/abc-player/id364191819?mt=8

10.  Documents 2 is a basic notepad/spreadsheet app  that you can take notes on and keep track of things.  I find myself using Documents 2  more and little pieces of paper here and there less!  It allows you to save your notes up up to the Cloud using  GoogleDocs .  In doing this way, you can get access to your notes on any computer!  http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/documents-2-free-spreadsheet/id314894105?mt=8

Hope you pick  up a good idea or 2 here. If you need help with your iPad or other gizmo, I would  love to show you the benefits of using one!  If you would like to have 1 on 1 iPad or other gizmo tutoring with me via Skype, Facetime or in person(in Chittenden County, Vermont)  please feel free to contact me here:  http://www.jeanthecomputertutor.com/contact

No comments:

Post a Comment